The internet is filled with a lot of scary news these days. But, it’s also home to a lot of fun and wonderful things too. Whenever I get down or discouraged about life, I always turn towards the outdoors first. Walking, breathing in fresh air or just exploring nature always helps put life in perspective. My second go-to is honestly the internet (sad, but true) because as much as technology can bring bad news, it can also connect you to new inspiration and people of good.
When I end up down a rabbit hole of the internet I often feel exhausted and exhilarated at the same time. Know what I mean? Instead of storing all of these new-found discoveries in my head or my current favorite notebook, I thought it would be fun to share.
This way my current obsessions might become a new discovery for you! Consider it your dose of friendly “You HAVE to check this out!” gossip.
Here is what I am loving this month:
Currently Reading: The 5 Love Language
Currently Watching: House of Cards- Season 5
Listening to: Creative Empire Podcast A weekly interview-style audio show dedicated to creative entrepreneurs. Hosts Reina Pomeroy, the life + biz success coach at Reina + Co, and Christina Scalera, the attorney for creatives, sit down and chat with forward thinkers and industry leaders from all types of businesses. This month I binged on about 7 episodes, I could not get enough! This episode on Creative Process with Tara Larson from Rad and Happy = Amazing! Add it to your list.
Organizational Planner/Agenda: The Passion Planner
Currently cooking/baking: 15 Freezer meals to prep for baby!
- The Color Wall Project a curated collection of people standing in front of colorful walls- so fun!
- The Imperfect Boss started by boss babe Ashley Beaudin, this is a community and movement to empower women to embrace the imperfections of life, steer away from the perfect stereotypes we see on social and inspire confidence. LOVE HER!
- Fine Day Press whimsical stationery creator and artist
- Austin Flower Co one of my favorite local florists. Because, blooms y’all!
Favorite Tool: ColorKuler
Use this tool to see if your Instagram account is on or off brand. Type in your username and it will create your personal color palette. Here’s a preview of mine!
My family grows by one this month- eek!
Some articles that I enjoyed:
- Best Online Courses That Have Changed My Business Sue Zimmerman
- The 7 Best Office Music Playlists for Productivity HubSpot
- Why I Think Social Media Is For Branding and Engagement, Not Traffic or Revenue Buffer Social
What are you obsessing over these days? I love learning about new books, products and people!
Let’s stay in touch!
If you want to follow me on Instagram, click here.
If you want to connect on Twitter, follow me @andreagenevieve
If you want to follow AndreaGenevieveCreative on Facebook, click here.
Sign up for my newsletter the Small Business A-List here to get notified when a new blog post publishes or inside info on freebies and workshops!
P.S. Please comment below if anything on my list is your favorites list too! Also, if you post a weekly roundup or favorite things post please leave the link below, I would love to check it out.